ADNOC says 15 of its vessels have come under attack in Strait of Hormuz since conflict began

ADNOC reports 15 vessel attacks in Strait of Hormuz

Credit: REUTERS

Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) said 15 of its vessels have been attacked by missiles and drones while transiting the Strait of Hormuz since the start of the conflict. Three vessels were attacked during the past week alone. The incidents left one crew member dead and 20 injured, according to the company.

ADNOC last reported an attack on one of its vessels on August 8. The company said the ship was targeted by a missile in the Strait of Hormuz.  The incident caused a fire, which the crew extinguished. The vessel and its crew remained safe, with no reported environmental impact.

The company did not identify the vessels involved in the three latest attacks. It also did not provide details about the damage.

ADNOC Logistics & Services previously confirmed attacks on two of its crude oil tankers, Al Bahyah and Mombasa B. Projectiles struck both vessels while they were transiting the Strait of Hormuz on July 14. One seafarer died and several others suffered injuries. Both tankers sustained significant damage.

In another incident in May, two Iranian drones struck the ADNOC tanker Barakah off the coast of Oman. No crew members were injured. The vessel was not carrying cargo at the time.

ADNOC said it is working with relevant authorities to protect its people, assets and operations. The company will continue serving customers where possible. It also called for safe and uninterrupted passage for commercial shipping through international waterways.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *